Design and hardware
The original iPhone featured a rounded aluminum body and Apple returned to metal with the iPhone 4 design (but with a glass back). The iPhone 5 dropped the glass in favor of an aluminum unibody but kept the flat sides of the iPhone 4.
Below the screen is the Touch ID fingerprint sensor, which has improved slightly since its introduction last year but, true to self, Apple doesn't give away much detail. Touch ID finally comes into its own with the introduction of NFC-based Apple Pay but more on that later.
Above the screen is the earpiece, the ambient light and proximity sensors, plus an aging 1.2MP camera. Apple moved it to the side of the earpiece from its previous central position and widened the aperture to f/2.2 (from f/2.4) but we were hoping for 1080p videos and higher-resolution selfies.
The iPhone 6 Plus features Apple's first standard display on a mobile device, a unit of 1080p resolution. It has the 16:9 aspect ratio first adopted by the iPhone 5 but is sharper than the Retina displays standardized with the iPhone 4. It has a pixel density of 401ppi (Apple's first) though there's barely a perceptible difference between the two.
The Apple iPhone 6 Plus has a 2,915mAh Li-Po battery, which stacks up very well against Android competition (for comparison the LG G3 has a 3,000mAh battery). The smaller iPhone 6 has just 1,810mAh in its tank and the previous iPhone 5s has about half of the 6 Plus' capacity.
- Metal unibody, 7.1mm slim, 172g of weight
- LTE connectivity (Cat. 4, 150Mbps downlink)
- 5.5" 1,080 x 1,920 LED-backlit IPS LCD with 401 ppi pixel density
- Apple iOS 8; iPad-like split-screen functionality
- Dual-core 1.4 GHz Apple A8 chipset, M8 motion co-processor, PowerVR GX6450 GPU, 1GB of RAM
- 8MP F/2.2 camera with True tone LED flash, Optical Image Stabilization, phase detection auto focus, 1080p@30fps and @60fps video recording, 720p@120fps and 240fps video recording, 1.2MP F/2.2 front-facing camera with BSI sensor and HDR mode.
- 64 of built-in storage
- Touch ID fingerprint sensor built into the Home button
- 2,915mAh battery
Order the Iphone 6 Plus and have it delivered to you within 1-3 working days or same-day within Nairobi. Payment on delivery.